As an essential service business, we are open. Here are some guidelines to help you stay safe and healthy.
Here's what we are doing to keep you safe.
* Additional to our regular cleaning we are wiping down washer, dryer and bathroom door handles, hard surfaces such as folding tables, seats, folding tables and laundry carts.
* We have set up a cleaning station with cleaning products for you to use including hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray and fresh paper towel so you can clean and wipe down your own work space ie folding tables and carts before use.
* Making sure that our bathrooms are fully stocked with soap, toilet paper and paper towels.
* Cleaning the floors in the store frequently throughout the day.
* Greeting customers verbally and avoiding personal contact, this includes keeping safe distances.
* Only letting people who are doing laundry in our store, if your not doing laundry sorry but you can not come in.
* We are open 24 hours daily so our customers can spread out throughout the day and night.
Here's what you can do.
* Keep doing laundry, regular cleaning will prevent the spread of the disease as the virus can live on clothing for up to 3 days.
* The hotter the wash the better, experts recommend washing items in a temperature of at least 140F (60c). Follow clothing manufacturer's instructions and use the warmest appropriate water setting. The hot water setting on our machines is set to 160F (60c). Your laundry soap is also effective at killing the virus if you have cold water items to wash.
* Use the dryer, viruses dont like heat and the dryer will further help prevent spread of the disease.
* Don't over fill the machines so your items can wash properly, been able to see the top 3 inches of the back of the washer drum would be max fill for a washer as clothes compress when wet. Dryers should be filled up half way on the door / drum max, this allows for air to circulate and clothes to dry quickly and throughout.
* Limit the amount of people coming in to do laundry ie one per household if possible. Leave kids at home if possible.
* Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when entering the store.
* Leaving the store while waiting, or if possible waiting in your car or outside. (our washers run for 25mins and 30mins to 45mins will dry the average load). We have seating outside and lots of parking.
* Do not shake laundry and disinfect laundry bags and baskets if possible, best to wash your laundry bag if possible or put a clean bag inside your laundry basket. We have bags if you need.
* Use the right amount of soap. Over-sudsing (from using too much soap) can prevent clothes from being rinsed properly and can cause dirt, and the virus, to be trapped in fabrics.
* Do not bring food into the store unless it’s prepackaged.
* If you are feeling sick or infected do not come to the store ask someone to do your laundry. Stay home or follow the current government guidance for getting medical care.
Thank you for adhering to our best practices to keep our workplace healthy, safe and clean so we can continue to help the community get through this challenging time.